Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ay Carumba! Viva Italia! - in Colombia, Cuba, and Sicily Island, Louisiana


It's November and the color palette of my World Tour has changed.  The red, yellow, orange, and fading green leaves provided a nice visual track to my spicy destinations of Sicily (Island), Cuba, and Columbia, Louisiana.
My first stop was Sicily Island. The island in the middle of the state.


I purposely decided I was NOT going to photograph churches and leave the spiritual searching at home for a while.  So instead, I focused on true Italian traits, like shopping and fashion:


Island Stylin' Salon


But then again, I do like happening upon visual evidence of small town philosophies, so I was pleasantly surprised when I developed the film and discovered the flair over the Trustworthy Hardware..


Yes, I have a thing for flair, it always seems a bit 'divine' to me.  Yet another validation of my World Tour journey.  One reason I had for starting this thing was to get out and shoot, unlock some of that creativity....It appears I'm on the right path..


Upon leaving Sicily Island, I passed through Turkey Creek on my way to Columbia.


And then at last, I reached Columbia.



Honestly, I hardly spent any time there, though it did look like a darling town.  It was another place that just 'happened' to be on my route. But I sure was sad that I arrived too late for the rodeo....


From Columbia, I headed north towards Cuba.  



In truth, I'm not sure if I ever made it to Cuba or not.  By the Google Map directions, I did.  But I never saw any sign.  These little villages can be hard to pinpoint. (as is evident by my journey through Bristol)  As I was driving around looking for signs of Cuba, I spotted a marker on the South side of the highway.  Hoping it might have something to do with Cuba, I turned around to get a better look, and then -  Ay Carumba!  


Yes, more Indian Mounds...with a little flair....




The mounds, from the Coles Creek Culture,  added a lil piquant to my journey. Only 698 more to go!  (Okay, that will be another tour...)  Not only do they give me something to research and learn about, they also make me realize how large, and how small,  our world really is.  


Up Next:
Adventures in Copenhagen

all content (c) Natasha Sanchez
www.nattie-concepts.com

Tweet It! Share It! Digg It!  

2 comments:

  1. I love it I truly do! Your unique journeys and pastiche of how you filter what you see through your lens and your consciousness makes me happy!! Wonderful job, Natasha! xoxo
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks, thank you Christine! Happy to make you happy!! Thanks for the kind words

    ReplyDelete