Monday, February 9, 2015

Where in the World is the World Tour?


I started my 43rd trip around the sun here:


2014 was a busy year – the two large projects I started in 2011, the Louisiana World Tour and fLight - a lumen print series of feathers  -were more or less completed by the end of the year.  But for every end there’s a beginning and I thought taking flight for my birthday in January might be a good way to spread my wings and expand my world.




I saw Egypt:

egyptian obelisk


and, according to some school kids running thru the place, Hogwarts. 
(I think they were Hufflepuffs)


selfie in a castle


..and even a touch of home:

mardi graz graffiti


I explored the world of ancient lizards

ancient lizard



and took selfies with ancient bird/reptile wings after reading about the similar composition of bird feathers & lizard scales and getting really excited. 





In July 2011, after my inaugural World Tour trip to Algiers, I pondered the purpose of the World Tour:




'Or maybe it's to confirm that the world is as only as big as our perspectives, and the extraordinary can be found right in our own backyards - if only we are open to seeing it.'

The World Tour definitely opened my eyes to a much larger world and the feathers kept me grounded. 
 Now it seems both projects are ready to fly.  
So you can imagine that the best photographic surprise of the trip was realizing, while looking at the 6,000 cell phone photos I took of the Egyptian obelisk, that I had unwittingly captured my two projects in one photo – the worldly obelisk along with a pair of feathered birds soaring high in the right hand corner. (best to zoom)

World Tour fLight

'Twas a nice way to begin the end. 



til next time..


Flying Among the Stars






all content (c) Natasha Sanchez


About the WORLD TOUR:
The Nattie Concepts World Tour began in 2011 under the premise that the world is as large or as small as you want it to be. Since that time, over 20 "international" destinations have been visited in Louisiana. 
Check out a preview of the Louisiana World Tour on my website
http://www.nattie-concepts.com/portfolio_-_photography/world_tour
About fLight:
A collection of lumenescent feathers.  The feathers I've collected and printed as lumen prints, solar photograms, represent the years 2011 to the present, as I transition, or rather, fly feather first, into the dawn of middle age.  
Check out a preview of fLight on my website

No comments:

Post a Comment